25 Random Things (Tagged by Daniel Pokorney)
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
1. My most odious and beloved habit is the mincing of words.
2. I love making things what they are not supposed to be, using the wrong tool for a job, and tinkering.
3. I am addicted to online Risk (sillysoft.net) and other conceptual investigations into games.
4. I love music, but I will listen to sub-par instrumentation for lyrics, and bad lyrics can ruin even amazing instrumentation for me.
5. I grew up in an isolated house, and spent most of my childhood playing by myself.
6. I cut my teeth in the arts being a singer, reader, then a poet—playing noise has canceled out my ability to formulate effective language.
7. I have great fondness for the Republic of Cascadia, and miss it dearly.
8. I am brusque, but sensitive.
9. I own eleven domain names, including liscentric.com, disjunct.net, ryandunn.net, shitfunk.com, thejerkmovement.com, masturbatingcat.com, johntmacarthur.com, bacteriadays.com, ignoranceserviceprovider.com, gopkiller.com, and ministryofinformation.net, most of which have only rudimentary content.
10. Given the opportunity I will always investigate places I am not supposed to go.
11. I am adopted from birth—the terms of my adoption stipulated being -raised- Catholic.
12. I want nothing more than to enrich the cultural and philosophical wealth of humanity.
13. Arguing is one of my oldest pastimes.
14. Making things is its own reward, but I would love it if I could use the pursuit to subsidize my basic needs.
15. The theory has been advanced that I do not sleep.
16. I took my friend Arvid, who is an autonomous rock friend, with me to NYC where I got him a Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt (which was subsequently stolen off him at Mutant Fest...).
18. Daily habits are my weak point.
19. I have a poor if not tenuous connection between my mind and my body. I have a history of needing to be told when I'm hot and not realizing if I'm hungry, tired, or need to use the restroom. Despite this subconscious lack, I am a great dancer and am engaged with my body in creative practice.
20. When engaged I will continue said focus to the detriment of everything else.
21. My social skills are 1000% better than when I was a child, and I still feel like I have serious issues.
22. I am an excellent listener, and very empathic. Though I can't solve my own problems, who can?
23. My sense of humor is bizarre, and often beyond explanation.
24. I have bad skin, am allergic to tree nuts, and sometimes have trouble breathing, but I have exceptional vision. My hearing is pretty good too, but I'm sure I've suffered at least some damage...
25. I am verbose!